Select Book Chapters and Articles
- Editor, Antiquity and Its Interpreters: From the Renaissance to the Modern Era. Cambridge and New York: Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- “Renaissance Aesthetics.” In Aesthetics: The Key Figures. Ed. Alessandro Giovannelli. London and New York: Continuum (publication projected for 2010-2011).
- “Rethinking Calvin’s approach to the arts: A theology of art or a Calvinist aesthetic?” Toronto Journal of Theology, 2010 (forthcoming).
- "Grazia in The Lives of Giorgio Vasari: Rhetorical Flourish or the Power of God?" In Image Makers and Image Breakers. Ed. Jennifer A. Harris. Ottawa: Legas, 2003.
- "Touch in the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili: The Sensual Ethics of Architecture." In Early Modern Senses of Touch. Ed. Elizabeth D. Harvey. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2002.
- "Vivid Thinking: Word and Image in Descriptive Techniques of the Renaissance." In Antiquity and Its Interpreters: From the Renaissance to the Modern Era. Eds. Ann Kuttner, Alina Payne, Rebekah Smick. Cambridge and New York: Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- "Evoking the Vatican Pietà: Renaissance and Baroque Contributions to the Topos of Living Stone." In The Eye of the Poet: Studies in the Reciprocity of the Visual and Literary Arts. Ed. Amy Golahny. Lewiston: Bucknell University Press, 1995.